Achievements are tried to a single game in the Sims. So, when you start a fresh game none of the achievements stick. I was excited to have a blank achievement slate.
In my previous game, my “adoption” of some pre-existing Sims (such as Amanda & Martha) triggered the gain of certain achievements that I didn’t fully earn, but were assumed based on the Sim. For example, I unlocked a hidden achievement (Problem Child) that was for getting a Sim to max level of mischief as a teenager. Martha was at max mischief, but I didn’t bring her to that point (and she was an adult).
This time I hope to pay more attention to achievements and make note of ones that weren’t earned by the standards I require. And alas, I’ve already had to make a note!
- All Nighter- Have a Sim stay awake for 24 hours. (GLITCHED! This did not happen.)
- In the Game- Play 24 hours. Hmm…it didn’t seem like that long, but I do leave the game running and walk away to go do other things…so maybe.
- Introvert- Have a Sim do nothing social for 24 hours. Well, 24 hours isn’t a long time to avoid people when you live alone! Bubbettes accomplished this one day when she didn’t go to the parks. She gardened, read a book on gardening, and watched TV.
- Just Getting Started- Play for 4 hours. Well, obviously!
- Splice of Life- Unlock a new plant type through grafting. Apparently Megera achieved this. She did do some grafting but the result was a plant that grew both of the flowers, not a new kind, but I suppose that counts.