The Sims 4 was officially announced: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLmN1D1P2RI
Announcement Press Conference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeEIjJ9yMuc
And then a look at the Create-a-Sim tool (CAS): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3aYH6t8C9c
My thoughts so far:
– The Sims look better than the Sims 3 ones, I don’t need my Sims to look realistic…they are Sims, not people…I think of them as a different species; I just want them to look good
– I love the slider tools for CAS, it looks so much easier to create unique looking Sims
– I’m not bothered by the lack of a height slider- the Sim species has long been the same height at their varying lifestages 🙂
– As someone who struggles with the current building tools, I adore the emphasis on making building homes easier!
– Sims still have traits – I would like to have seen something more complicated, but I’m okay with the current standard
– Sims have Aspirations and Goals instead of Lifetime Wishes and wishes- I’m intrigued by this. As long as they still tell me what they want and give me something to strive for
– Sims have emotions, can multitask, and their moods are influenced by their environment- Also intriguing, as long as its not too overdone, we should be okay. The introduction of Moodlets went well, I trust the creators to do emotions justice
What I need more info on:
– Genetics!! We took several steps back from Sims 2 in terms of genetics when we moved to Sims 3…I want my children to look and behave like their parents!
– The number of available traits, the aspirations and goals…I need to know if my Sims are going to have unique and complicated personalities to match their unique looks
– I’m super excited
– I will likely pre-order it